Oriented Wires in Silicone | Silshield
|Solid Silicone rubber||ZZ-R-765 2b 40|
|Sponge Silicone rubber||AMS 3195|
|Fluorosilicone rubber||Mil-R-25988 Gr 50|
|Monel wire||BS3075 – NA13||(0.11mm diameter)|
|Aluminium 5056||AMS 4182||(0.13mm diameter)|
|Phosphor Bronze||Cu Sn 6%||(0.114mm diameter)|
|- 55 to + 250°C|
- Thickness up to 1.0mm +0.25mm –0.15mm
- Thickness over 1.0mm ± 0.25mm
- Width tolerance on sheet material ±1.0mm
How to order
Standard sizes may be specified from the following table.
Alternatively specify: Series-Wire Type-Thickness-Width-Adhesive backing (if required).
|Shielding Series||Wire Code||Thickness/Width||Finish|
|SS=Sponge Silicone||A=Aluminium||N/A=No adhesive|
|SR=Flame Retardant Solid Silicone||P=Phosphor Bronze|
|SG=Flame Retardant Sponge Silicone|
|SE=Solid Silicone with Flourosilicone Edge|
Examples / Notes
- Standard material length is 900mm
- SP-M-0016-0127-S/A is Solid Silicone with Monel wire 1.6 mm thick x 12.7 mm wide with self-adhesive.
- SS-A-0032-1140-N/A is Sponge Silicone with Aluminium wire 3.2 mm thick x 114 mm wide no adhesive.
For strip material not shown, or specific shapes, made up gaskets and for fixing hole positions, please send a drawing and we will allocate a part number with our quotation.
- Strip material is available in 900mm nominal lengths and can be factory bonded into longer sections.
- Sheet material is generally 114mm or 228mm nominal widths and can be edge bonded to greater widths.
Silshield NW EMI Shielding
Wire-free widths can be ordered where the material cross-section has wires along just one edge, or along both edges with no wires in the centre. This provides a pressure seal and EMI shield in one component but reduces the compressive force needed to fit the gasket. Please contact us to discuss your precise requirements.
Silshield SE (Duo) EMI Shielding
Silshield SE (Duo) provides the advantages of a fluorosilicone gasket with the cost-effectiveness of plain silicone. This is achieved by bonding a wire-free fluoro-edge to a standard sheet or strip during the moulding process. Fabricated gaskets have a wire-free, contaminant resistant outer edge suitable for applications where loose wires could cause problems when gaskets are subjected to solvents or hydrocarbons and are liable to soften and swell.